Whether you are looking to improve your overall health, to lose weight, to feel more energetic and focused, rejuvenation medicine is an approach to healing that you must know about. Additionally, if you are suffering from any chronic disease or if you want to get off medications and truly heal, rejuvenation medicine is an approach to healing that you must also know about.
Rejuvenation medicine represents a new way of thinking confirmed virtually on a daily basis by scientific studies that is revealing another road to healing other than the use of drugs. This road is proving to be outstanding by using nutrients, vitamins, nutraceuticals (natural compounds) many of which are found in our cells, and hormones, we can improve our biochemistry and cell function. By doing so our cells are revealing to us the unlimited capacity that it has to change, to rejuvenate and heal. The more we travel down this road of rejuvenation medicine, the more outstanding it becomes, and the more we realize we have overlooked the most effective path to healing.
Rejuvenation medicine is not just to help us look and feel good and slow down the aging process. It is the approach needed to lower blood pressure and cholesterol effectively naturally without drugs. It is the only approach to truly reverse atherosclerosis, the damage from strokes, to reverse diabetes, to cure chronic fatigue, Parkinson’s disease, fibromyalgia, and to significantly improve your chances of preventing and even healing from diseases such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.
- WHAT IS REJUVENATION MEDICINE?
- Rejuvenation medicine is the use of natural compounds, such as vitamins, minerals, nutraceuticals, herbs and hormones to modulate and improve the function of cells and systems. Rejuvenation medicine is premised on the insight that each person is biochemically unique and one cannot rely on the mean or average lab values such as the “average” hormone levels to determine one’s needs. Rejuvenation medicine focuses on hormone optimization i.e. one frequently needs much higher hormones levels than previously thought. Rejuvenation medicine uses technology such as infrared light, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and power plate to activate one’s innate healing system.
If your New Year’s resolution is to lose weight, rejuvenation medicine will make it more likely that this year’s New Years’ resolution you will actually keep. We now know many of the metabolic obstacles that make it more difficult to some people to lose weight. High levels of insulin, fluctuating levels of cortisol and the inability of our cells to pick up insulin, effectively slow our metabolism. Hypothyroidism is another cause that is frequently missed by routine tests. Fatty liver, adrenal insufficiency, growth hormone, testosterone insufficiency, and estrogen and progesterone imbalances are other frequent metabolic blocks to weight lose.
In my rejuvenation medicine program for weight lose the first step if the program is metabolic testing.
1. The TRH stimulation test, the most sensitive thyroid test (described in a previous New Life article)
2. ACTH stimulation test for adrenal function
3. Growth hormone, fasting-insulin and glucose, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and DHEA levels
4. Evaluation of fatty liver sonogram
After this evaluation is completed we can determine what are the metabolic blocks that are preventing you form losing weight. Now we can finally understand why you can just look at food and gain weight.
We the proper use of natural compounds that improve cellular energy production, by optimizing hormone levels, by improving insulin sensitivity and by eliminating fat in the liver with topical nutraceuticals that have been shown that have excellent absorption, and can more easily reach the organ of destination, all of the sudden you can lose weight as easily as some fortunate people we all know.
- REJUVENATION MEDICINE TO IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION
With the use of the very natural compounds that the brain uses to function such as acetyl l-carnitine, glutathione, lipoic acid, NADH and many others we can improve brain function. I have pioneered that use of topical nutraceuticals that is applied to the temple area, which has great absorption to the brain. This has proved to be more effective than the use of oral supplements to improve brain function. Many people who have trouble focusing, feel depressed, and suffer from fatigue benefit significantly from these topical supplements.
With the use of these topical supplements neurons can quench free radicals, produce the energy they need and rejuvenate. Hyperbaric oxygen, power plate and infrared light to improve blood flow and oxygen and nutrient delivery add an additional benefit. Rejuvenation medicine is a novel approach for not only the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s stroke and autism but also to help people with depression, trouble focusing and those with poor memory.
- REJUVENATION MEDICINE TO LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE
AND HEAL HEART DISEASE
- Many natural compounds such as ribose, carnitine, taurine and ubiquinol can improve cardiac function and can help heal hypertension and congestive heart failure. Recent studies have shown that pomegranate juice and SOD can reverse atherosclerotic lesions. This and other studies are revealing to us a completely new facet of ourselves.
- REJUVENATION MEDICINE TO HEAL FATIGUE
- Rejuvenation medicine is the only true effective approach to the treatment of fatigue for it gets to the deep metabolic and hormonal causes of fatigue. It addresses in a bio-ecological approach the toxicity, the altered relationship to food that contributes to fatigue and fatigue-related issue. With the use of natural compounds that improve cellular energy production, many in topical form , hormonal optimization, detoxification and chelation in suppository form is just part of my five-stage program for the treatment of fatigue that is proven to be successful in thousands of cases.
- REJUVENATION MEDICINE FOR THE TREATMENT OF CANCER
- Although this is an article in itself, I must mention one therapy in this article. Numerous studies have shown that curcumin is very effective for the treatment t of cancer. The only limiting factor is its poor absorption and bioavailability. Recently a researcher in Israel has developed a water-soluble form with much greater bioavailability that is proving to be successful in many people with cancer. I am the first medical doctor in the United States using this promising and valuable compound.
Rejuvenation medicine is proving to be the road to healing and the fountain of youth is slowly being revealed to us. While rejuvenation medicine has been overlooked because of the preoccupation with drug therapy we are now seeing the exquisite ability of our cells to heal. Rejuvenation medicine offers is tremendous promise and hope.